Matrix-type-friendly syntax and more

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Tue Oct 11 14:37:22 PDT 2011

On 11.10.2011 17:48, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I don't think strides are necessary. You can always opApply your image
> in a certain way. Define a private struct, which has an opApply, which
> iterates over every third channel of each pixel.
> lazy ranges are generally better, then arrays, because with them, you
> can avoid copying anything altogether.

Actually, a strided slice to a multidimensional array can easily be
implemented as a view to the original data without any copy action, just
like any builtin array slice is a view to the data.

Independent of that: of course strides are not "necessary", but they are
an extremely convenient syntax for expressing numerical array operations.