[std.database]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Tue Oct 11 22:15:16 PDT 2011

>> I might be narrow-minded, but I thought we're still looking at writing
>> and executing good old SQL code.
>>

>> Andrei
>>

> We should always allow the user to get down to the nitty-gritty and
> write good ol' SQL statements and execute them. However, writing all
> that plumbing code gets old very quickly, so if we can provide some
> clean and simple frameworks on top of that, users would appreciate it.

I'm mostly with Andei. I'm all for sophisticated techniques, but what the
user has to do should not look like a primer for them. Also if the user
has to change down a cog the lower-level interfaces should not look like
they're written in another language.

>From my experiments with MySQL I believe we can provide clean and simple
frameworks. But, you get what you pay for - simple interfaces will be
suitable for simple cases.

Steve