Just starting out

J Arrizza cppgent0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:37:06 PDT 2011

Thanks for all the replies. Seems straightforward enough:

1) Phobos is it.
2) DMD is the clear winner
3) Eclipse is a hog - knew that. I really only like a couple of things in
it. A big one for me is the source formatting. For some reason, having to
hit the space bar 4,000 times every hour just isn't my cup of tea.

The formatter for java set a nice high standard for configurability that I
was hoping a D plug-in would also have. I had issues with installing descent
on Linux (worked ok in windows for some reason), but I'll give it another
shot on Indigo. If that doesn't play, I'll stick with UltraEdit (great
editor, got a life-time license for it).

John

--
John
blog: http://arrizza.blogspot.com/