Statically forbid string ~ size_t ?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Oct 13 14:55:30 PDT 2011

Am 13.10.2011, 23:11 Uhr, schrieb Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com>:
> I think in order to disallow this, you have to disallow dchar = size_t.
>
> IMO, I think it's worth it.  It's very uncommon to create a dchar using
> an integral.
>
> -Steve

I recently wrote JavaScript code that generates a Greek letter starting
with α (alpha) from an integer. It's just the shortest way to do it that
works in most languages based on C syntax. I assume I could do it another
way. Like initializing with a character and then incrementing by the index
of the letter I want.