Win32 binding replacement

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Sat Oct 15 11:46:25 PDT 2011

Am 15.10.2011 18:54, schrieb Sean Kelly:
> At the time, there were some errors in the headers and I wasn't up to tracking them down. It was also unclear whether the headers were copyrighted, though I've since found that docs surrounding the Boost license that headers aren't copyrightable.  Finally, no one has complained about lack of windows header coverage. The headers you mention are enormous, which means more program bloat and more maintenance work. I wouldn't replace what we've got unless people really want the other ones.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 15, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Gor Gyolchanyan<gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I've found a wonderful Win32 API binding on dsource, which is far more
>> complete, then the one in Phobos:
>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/bindings/trunk/win32/
>> Why not replace the Phobos one with this one?

Sean, I can't hear that windows api licence problem shit any more ! It
stinks and is paranoid. Maybe this is an typical American problem where
nobody is selling a bread without having a dedicated -Bread Insurance-
contract.
However..
Windows is a major platform. And this platform is under-represented in D.
Just a few weeks ago a brave developer has translated : _Petzolds
Windows programming_ . Based on what, make a guess. Hint ! NO. Not
c.windows.
slightly nagged, Bjoern