Win32 binding replacement

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Oct 15 16:48:51 PDT 2011

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:54:31 +0300, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org>
wrote:

>  I wouldn't replace what we've got unless people really want the other
> ones.

Count me as someone who really wants this. The "other ones" are just
vastly more complete - I found that any time I need to use some Win32 API,
I'll run into problems with the Phobos bindings. Various places in Phobos
use local declarations of Windows functions. We'll rat out errors when
they'll start getting more use.

By the way, we don't have many Windows programmers on this newsgroup, so
don't expect an avalanche of reactions. But I don't think that the world's
most common desktop OS should be under-represented in D, especially when
most of the work has already been done.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net