Selective and renamed imports

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 16 15:17:56 PDT 2011

On 10/16/2011 12:08 PM, Christian Kamm wrote:

> Does this work as you'd expect? Please write a short reply even if you just
> agree. I hope the feedback will convince Walter to give this serious
> consideration. You can also let me know that this is totally bananas, of
> course.
>
> Regards,
> Christian

I agree. The current behavior is just useless, because it is never
desirable or even acceptable to have implementation details leak into
the public interface. Currently not even

private import foo : bar;

hides bar iirc.

The sooner this gets merged the less code that inadvertently depends on
undocumented symbols gets broken.

Does

public import foo : bar;

work as expected with your pull request?