The CAPI Manifesto

Jude Young 10equals2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:28:26 PDT 2011

Please excuse my ignorance,
but several types in D do not currently translate well into C.

For example, strings in D are not '\0' terminated, which breaks with C.
This is not usually a problem, and it's easy to wrap the function in the
translated header file to automate that particular process.

It seems that your proposal would disallow this particular example.
The translation code would have to be somewhere, what is the argument
against allowing it?

In my (admittedly ignorant) opinion, it seems that allowing the automatic
translation of D types to C types
would fit very well, otherwise you'll have to add them yourself every time
you wish to call C.

Forgive me If I have misunderstood something.