[std.database]

Piotr Szturmaj bncrbme at jadamspam.pl
Mon Oct 17 08:26:09 PDT 2011

Kagamin wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
>
>> That is good news!  do you have a supporting link?  Or is it something
>> that quietly went away?
>
> http://forge.mysql.com/w/index.php?title=MySQL_Internals_ClientServer_Protocol&diff=5078&oldid=4374
>
> I have shown this to a guy who was going to reimplement a mysql client based on those docs.

You probably meant me. If we create MySQL client without using C
bindings then we would have one of the fastest bindings at all. It may
attract some people who write web apps to D. The same applies to
PostgreSQL for which I wrote client without using a C binding.

I know it adds some maintaining effort but we may choose opportunistic
approach. Use direct access where possible and fallback to C lib otherwise.

Another argument for using direct access is easy deployment of
applications, especially when client resides in the std library.