[std.database]

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 10:46:59 PDT 2011

Am 17.10.2011, 18:38 Uhr, schrieb Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com>:

>> PostgreSQL's protocol is stable since 2003, but MySQL's is not very
>> friendly indeed. Phobos might follow opportunistic path and support
>> direct access with recent MySQL versions and C wrapper for older ones.
>
> But it looks like the C wrapper approach for MySQL won't fly for Phobos
> because of the GPL taint. MySQL support might have to be consigned to the
> Deimos 'derived works' directory. Either that or Phobos only supports
> versions > 5.xx.
>
> Steve

Do people not upgrade their database to MySQL 5? I never had to deal with
that and especially large complicated databases. If it is easy to upgrade
to MySQL 5 and it is faster and more secure there are probably few
*actively developed* projects accessing MySQL 4 DBs. (MySQL 5 is pretty
much exactly 6 years old now.)