new DIP14: Package import path association

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 18 14:49:45 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 00:38 Martin Nowak wrote:
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP14

I really think that you lose something when you add file paths to imports
rather than letting the module system deal with it as it does now. The result
is messier, and I really don't think that it adds anything for the normal
case. I don't think that anything should be added to the language to support a
package manager without a _really_ good reason. It should be perfectly
possible to do package management without changing the language.

- Jonathan M Davis