__restrict

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 19 02:36:44 PDT 2011

Manu:

> I sent an email about this once before... but there was no real
> response/discussion on the topic.

It was discussed a bit in past, and restrict was not appreciated a lot, maybe also because in D where possible we prefer things that the compiler is able to verify/enforce.
And I think D/DMD is not yet in a development stage where it cares for max performance details. I think there are plenty of more important things to work on before that. The recently almost-fixed "inout" was more urgent than "__restrict".

Bye,
bearophile