facilitating automatic differentiation

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Thu Oct 20 11:39:34 PDT 2011

Do you mean in the sense of symbolic algebraic transformations at
compile time? D would be the prime candidate for that.

If you just want to go for a small solution for your specific problem,
it should actually be quite straightforward to hack up.

A more generic approach like a library should be a fascinating project.
I could imagine that this kind of project would lead you very quickly
very deep into the design philosophy of the language. I can only
encourage you to try it out.