Missing things in Phobos

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:12:41 PDT 2011

Am 20.10.2011 23:44, schrieb Daniel Gibson:
> Am 20.10.2011 11:37, schrieb Steve Teale:
>> 2) We don't have an off-the-shelf Socket class for Unix Sockets
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to add AF_UNIX support to std.socket.
> (Derive something suitable from std.socket.Address and possibly
> std.socket.Socket)
> In fact, I have some old untested code lying around that adds such an
> Address type: http://pastebin.com/gMxd4AqB
>
> It's from D1 though and /may/ need minor changes to work with the
> current std.socket. (Also it may be buggy, as it's untested)

Ok, while having a quick look at this old code I spotted the following bugs:
1. Line 23: path[1] does not exist if path.length==1 => check length
2. After Line 29 should be a return (or else { ... } with ... being
lines 31-36)

Seems like I was tired or drunk or something when I wrote that ;)

Fixed (still untested) version: http://pastebin.com/Vb5QqJwS

> (IPv6 support is also missing from std.socket btw)

Cheers,
- Daniel