Why the hell doesn't foreach decode strings

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Fri Oct 21 02:52:25 PDT 2011

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 02:20:48 +0200, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, October 20, 2011 16:57 Martin Nowak wrote:
>> At least it was your ∞ that revealed my bug.
>
> The ∞ in PosInfInterval (or NegInfInterval), I presume (I don't know
> where
> else I've used ∞)? I'd forgotten about that. Well, it's good to know that
> someone is putting those to good use. I've been wondering how much the
> intervals and ranges in std.datetime actually get used (which reminds me
> that
> I need to do some work on making the ranges somewhat easier to use). In
> theory, they're very useful, but I don't know how much that's actually
> been
> shown in practice thus far.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Sorry for this, but I was only using them so far as lexing and reassembling
std.datetime out of tokens was diff proof.
Which failed exactly after the ∞ symbol.

But infinite intervals might come in handy, which is one thing I appreciate
about datetime, you know beforehand that you can find a nice solutions to
your problem in there.

martin