[std.database]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Oct 21 09:22:06 PDT 2011

> If it comes down to it, someone can volunteer to help debug the code by
> comparing it to the GPL'd library in areas where the spec seems to be
> incorrect and completing the spec.  I can help with this if you really
> need it, I'd love to see native D support for MySQL, as it's my DB of
> choice ;)

Steve,

It's coming along quite well. I can log in and do simple queries, and
clean up after them (how MySQL does that is horrifying), and now I'm
attacking prepared statements - so far so good. I'd say in another 3-4
days I'll be back to where I was with the library dependent version.

I agree with you 100% that getting the library out of the way is a top
priority. What's more, now I'm getting my head round the protocol I'm
thinking the binding for prepared statements can be simplified from what
I had before.

Kagamin,

I'll get that header file. I already have a good chunk of the ODBC stuff
done from a Windows header file a couple of years ago, so I should be
able to get a quick start.

Steve