Free?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 14:06:14 PDT 2011

It's the dual licensing thing I like about the GPL - you can
be about the freedom, while still keeping a money making opportunity.

I also like how it makes a stand on the freedom issue, a strong one.

The BSD license is the one I loathe and despise. It puts an annoying
restriction on you, without gaining anything for the author.

A proprietary license gets the author money. I respect that.

The GPL gives the author his philosophy. I respect that.

The Boost or zlib licenses say "whatever". I respect that.

The BSD license says "whatever... but drop my name all over the place!"

That annoys me.