Free?

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sun Oct 23 10:48:24 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 10:36 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 1:52 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Certainly:  That the world of dynamic linking is slightly different from
> > that of static linking.
>
> I think that line is arbitrary and doesn't really exist. For example, what does
> that mean when template code gets stuffed in the .h files?

The line may be arbitrary but it does exists, witness the fact that you
responded to it and is can still be found on the servers :-)

I was focusing the notion of dynamic binding as in Python, Java, etc.
which is generally where all the perceived problems are regarding LGPL.

Hasn't the issue of source code distribution (of templates) in C++ (and
D?) been hashed out, it's what resulted in the Boost licence in the
first place?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk