Free?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 23 16:59:58 PDT 2011

On 10/23/2011 2:56 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> But I'd be interested in the opinions of other people in this newsgroup
> who earn money with software development (or have done so in the past):
> Have you ever experienced exposure to GPL'ed or proprietary software as
> a hindrance for a job?

In once selling a license to some software I wrote for $$$, the licensee's
lawyers grilled me about if I'd worked on the popular GPL'd version. I told them
I hadn't, and that satisfied them that I wasn't trying to pass off GPL'd code as
my own.

They were just doing their due diligence.

If I had worked on the GPL'd version, then I'd have had to go through a lot more
grilling to ensure none of that code had leaked into the code I was selling.