Missing things in Phobos

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon Oct 24 04:27:45 PDT 2011

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:37:33 +0100, Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that there's quite a long list, but two things I've bumped into
> with using the MySQL protocol are:
>
> 1) We don't have SHA1 - I know there are people working on this. I've
> done a version that is as close to the reference C implementation as I
> could make myself keep it. This may be useful as a check for others doing
> more efficient implementations. If you want it, please let me know.

I have a complete set of hashing functions (the original code which became
the modules now present in Tango) I just need to tidy them up, add
documentation, etc..  I don't know when I will get around to it however.

> Related issue is should we have std.digest instead of std.md5

Agreed.  Or std.crypto.digest or similar if we want to expand into the
other areas of cryptography.