Specification driven development.

Alexey Veselovsky alexey.veselovsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:00:36 PDT 2011

Hi, All!

Is it possible to develop software on D in specification driven manner?

In specification driven development module specification is primary
and module implementation is derivative from module specification
(implementation skeleton cat be generated from specification) . So, at
first we write module specification. After that we wrote module
implementation. Compiler MUST check module implementation for
compliance with module specification.

In implementation MUST be implemented all public entity (function,
types and so on) from module specification. Also module implementation
can't implement another public entity.

It is useful for big projects.

PS. It seems like we even can't use "headers" in D like in C++. For
example this code:
---
import std.stdio;

void foo() { writeln("A"); }
void foo() { writeln("B"); }
void main() {}
---
cause no errors in compilers frontend or backend. There is only linker error.