Compiler patch for runtime reflection

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:34:11 PDT 2011

Am 24.10.2011 17:37, schrieb Robert Jacques:
> That's a very heavy price to pay, just
> from a program maintenance perspective. And if you consider someone
> writing medical or financial software, the privacy concerns of exposing
> private variable to all become very real.

I don't think marking a method as private is a good way to hide critical
information. If you can actually call methods (like in real calls, not
some kind of webservice), you can as well use pointers to read the
memory directly.
Or he could run it in a debugger. Or (with root privileges) just look at
the whole memory of the process. Or ...

Cheers,
- Daniel