Free?

Chante udontspamme at never.will.u
Mon Oct 24 20:51:31 PDT 2011

"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote in message
news:j83tbq$a12$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Chante Wrote:
>
>> While I haven't thought it through (and maybe don't have the knowledge
>> do so), elimination of software patents was something I had in mind as
>> potential cure for the current state of affairs (not a cure for viral
>> source code though). Of course, noting that first-to-file is now the
>> thing, it appears (to me) that Big Software Corp and Big Government
>> are
>> on one side, humanity on the other.
>
> Patents are seen to exist for humanity.

With "first-to-file", it seems that "humanity" has either been sold-out,
or raped (or both).

> Elimination of patents is equivalent to elimination of intellectual
> property.

Simply keep it a secret ("trade secret"). First-to-file allows Big
Softare Corp to claim rights to things which they have no proprietary
right to. But I'm not read-up on this stuff, I'm just spouting feelings.
My feelings are that I've been sold-out, betrayed, raped (but I won't
know for sure if those feelings are correct until I figure this stuff
out).