Free?

Chante udontspamme at never.will.u
Mon Oct 24 22:05:18 PDT 2011

"renoX" <renzyx at free.fr> wrote in message
news:j8383e$1ul8$1 at digitalmars.com...
> >I'd never seen it before - maybe I lead a sheltered life.
>>
>>GPL: "Free as in Herpes"
>>
>>Doesn't that just hit the nail on the head.
>
> No, not at all.
> First, it isn't new: it's just the "GPL is viral" classic FUD,

Not that I care about anything GPL (rejected it long ago), but how is
calling GPL'd code "viral" not appropriate when just placing uninfected
code next to it, infects it?

On another note: Isn't the goal of GPL to offer "crap code" with the
intent-of/attempt-at getting good (valuable/saleable/researched/developd)
code? A "something for nothing", "Gen Y", "entitlement" mindset? See:

http://www.aspeneducation.com/article-entitlement.html