Yet yet yet yet another thread about const and immutable.

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:28:22 PDT 2011

I'm thinking, whether const is guaranteed _NOT_ to be put into read-only memory.
If so, then const can be safely used for "logical const" purposes.
I'd really like that, because then, const would be safe to cast away.
Since const does not contribute to anything else (in contrast to
immutable), it doesn't break anything to cast away const, except logic
(in some cases).
The most obvious case is to cast away const-ness of members of a class
from inside that class.