Dynamic alter-ego of D.

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 25 09:20:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:45:48 -0400, Gor Gyolchanyan <gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> another example is dynamic callbacks.
> You may carry around typeid of the function signature and a struct,
> containing parameter values for it, which also contains the typeid of
> it's target function's signature.
> If you don't impose type information on the typeless values, i will be
> able to check the types of the signatures (possibly by a hash value
> for efficiency) and i won't need to check the types of each parameter
> (since i'll be passing around array of typeless objects).

I'm confused. So delegate don't work because? What about unions? Or casting a ptr into an array of raw bytes?

Do you call the callback like 'dg();' or 'dg(x,y,z);'? If the latter, what about implicit variable conversions?

At some level, either you hold the type in the type system, or as a tag somewhere.