Compiler patch for runtime reflection

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 25 09:29:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:14:58 -0400, Gor Gyolchanyan <gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't mean reflection for violating access specifications. In that
> case, of course, it's error-prone.

Thank you, I'm glad you agree.

> What i meant was a set of dynamic counterparts of static features of D:
> * Dynamic interfaces
> * Dynamic overloading
> * Dynamic modules
> * ...
> That's what i had in mind.

Care to explain what would each of those should look like?

Would dynamic interfaces be similar to isRange!T? i.e. a function which tests a dynamic-object for certain fields/functions.

Would dynamic overload be a subset of prototype-style objects?

Would dynamic modules simply container for dynamic functions/objects? Something more?