Early std.crypto

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 25 16:12:56 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 15:55 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 3:40 PM, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
> > I share your opinion. I was thinking about such filter concept for
> > std.crypto.cipher (TBD), but I will also try to convert current hash
> > function code to ranges.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> Andrei and I have pretty much failed at articulating this vision for
> Phobos. We need to get our act together.

Ranges in general are not something that is comunicated very well. They're not
in TDPL, and none of the online documentation discusses them in detail. You
pretty much only learn them from reading Phobos' documentation and using
Phobos or from discussing it with people who know about them already. And
there's no overall plan or design for Phobos articulated _anywhere_ that I'm
aware of, so between those two facts, there's really nothing to get such a
vision across to anyone other than word of mouth (though I suppose that it's
more "word of keyboard" in many cases).

- Jonathan M Davis