build system

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Oct 26 10:01:03 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 04:44 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> That's the problem - no working build tool exists for D.
> Why don't you like the idea of integrating build information in source
> code? I mean, that information does not change for a given source
> file.

That's just plain messy. And the code that's actually imported could depend on
compiler flags (such as which import directories are given), allowing you to
swap out implementations and the like. Hard coding stuff in the source file
would harm that and IMHO would just clutter the source file.

- Jonathan M Davis