build system

Eric Poggel (JoeCoder) dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net
Wed Oct 26 11:51:33 PDT 2011

On 10/26/2011 2:30 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I think the best approach would be to have a complete language for the
> build scripts.

This is the approach I've taken with dsource.org/projects/cdc.  That
language is D.  It provides a library of common compilation tasks and
then you fill in the main() with what you want it to do.  Then you can
simply invoke dmd -run buildscript.d to create your project.

At one point it worked with d1 and d2 with ldc, gdc, and dmd, phobos or
tango.  But it's been a year or so since I've tested.

It can also be used as a pass-through tool to dmd, gdc, or ldc, except
it accepts source paths as well as source files (adding all files in the
path to the build).  But rdmd may already do this better, since cdc
currently lacks any concept of an incremental build.