Review of Jesse Phillips's CSV Parser

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 06:31:41 PDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 9:18 AM, dsimcha wrote:
> Formal review of Jesse Phillips's CSV parser module begins today and
> runs through November . Following that, a vote will take place for one
> week. Please post any comments about this library in this thread.
>
> Docs:
> http://nascent.freeshell.org/programming/D/doc/phobos/std_csv.html
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/he-the-great/phobos/tree/csv

I'll kick this off with my review of the documentation (I'll review the
implementation later):

"Header may be provided as first line in file" -> "A header may be
provided as first line in file"?

csvText:  Shouldn't heading be a generic range of strings instead of a
string[]?

Why should the order of the heading provided to csvText matter?  csvText
should simply rearrange its results.

In csvNextToken:  "The expected use of this would be to create a parser.
And may also be useful when handling errors within a CSV file."  Please
re-word this sentence so it's grammatically correct.