Review of Jesse Phillips's CSV Parser

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Oct 28 07:45:50 PDT 2011

On 10/28/11 10:18 AM, dsimcha wrote:
> Formal review of Jesse Phillips's CSV parser module begins today and
> runs through November . Following that, a vote will take place for one
> week. Please post any comments about this library in this thread.
>
> Docs:
> http://nascent.freeshell.org/programming/D/doc/phobos/std_csv.html
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/he-the-great/phobos/tree/csv

I like the idea of reading a CSV into a struct, or treating all fields
as ints.

But, in my experience, CSVs are never perfect... because humans fill
them, and humans aren't perfect or don't know "Oh, of course I must fill
only numbers in this column, otherwise programs will explode".

So although it's a nice functionality, I think just returning everything
as strings is more than enough.