D Map Treemap viewer

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Oct 28 07:47:49 PDT 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:39:26 +0300, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:

>>> http://thecybershadow.net/d/mapview/view.php?id=4eaa05054b06f
>>
>> It's still a hack, but should be better now.
>
> Nice.
>
> Still wondering about the sizes though.
> opencl.wrapper.CLObject is an empty struct and it shows 6928 bytes for
> the .init
> opencl.commandqueue.CLCommandQueue is a struct wrapping a void* and its
> init is 12848 bytes in size?
> opencl.c.cl.cl_command_type is a named enum : uint and it's 12348 bytes?

That's what the map file says. You may want to take a look at the binary
with a disassembler or hex editor. It's not excluded that there's a bug
somewhere, similar to issue 2254 with DMD or OptLink.

> Also now it sort of demangles the init symbols but interprets that Z at
> the end like an identifier. I'd guess it rather represents the fact that
> this is an init symbol.

I added a simplistic "demangler" when core.demangle failed. Z is the
leftover part of the string, I think it indicates the storage class
(executable, if it means the same as in C++). I could hide it, I guess,
it's just yet another special case.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net