Review of Jesse Phillips's CSV Parser

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 09:53:35 PDT 2011

Forgot to answer one.

dsimcha Wrote:

> Why should the order of the heading provided to csvText matter?  csvText
> should simply rearrange its results.

Because I do not store anymore information then requested. I must keep pumping out values as I receive them, so order can not be rearranged. With a struct, you must match the header to the order of fields. This is because I can not match it by type and requiring that your field names match the file heading limits what can be in a heading (spaces, punctuation).

Providing specialization for associative arrays also looks like a good option to resolve this.