queue container?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 18:55:56 PDT 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:52:33 -0400, J Arrizza <cppgent0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (BTW, as great as this thread has gone, I was wondering if someone could
> answer my original question about using existing Array container for a
> queue?)

Using an array of any type as a queue is going to be awkward.

I'd recommend using a linked list or a deque.  Both are available via
dcollections, though using dcollections' deque as a queue is equivalent to
using an array because of the implementation.  SList is not suited for a
queue, since you cannot have O(1) addition on one end and O(1) removal on
the other.

It's also quite trivial to roll your own linked list-based queue.

-Steve