phobos alt.

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Sat Oct 29 16:43:44 PDT 2011

On 10/29/2011 04:30 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 02:20:15 +0300, bls <bizprac at orange.fr> wrote:
>
>> Steven Schveighoffer - Surprisingly still there
>> is the author of dcollections (BOOST LICENSE Range-I-fied)
>
> std.container?
>
> http://d-programming-language.org/phobos/std_container.html

Hi Vladimir,
_Please_ compare the half baked std.container stuff  {more or less just
an Interface)  vs  Stevens  dcollections.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections

--- Just a front page copu ---
Hash, RBTree, Link, Array, and Deque implementations for appropriate
containers.
List, Set, Map, and Multiset containers provided.
Able to swap out underlying implementation of a container, or customize
implementation.
Minimized heap activity. All cursors and ranges are struct-based.
version 1.0 compatible with Tango and Phobos, version 2.0 compatible
with D2 phobos.
Safe slicing for D2.
Removal while traversing.
Removal of elements does not invalidate cursors or ranges when possible.
Cursors and ranges can be kept for later use (such as O(1) removal if
supported by the container).
Interfaces for implementation-independent code.
Concatenation and appending for lists.
dup functions.
Set/Map intersection.
Handy filter, transform, and chain iterators.
Custom allocators.
----
Allow me a personal mote.. It is a shame that this excellent lib is NOT
part of phobos, However IMHO alt,container (dcollections) should satisfy
most of us.