[std.database]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sun Oct 30 11:03:35 PDT 2011

Just a quick progress report.

Since it was clear that my original ideas for a MySQL D interface were
not going to make it into Phobos at least because of license issues, I
have been investigating the use of the published MySQL client/server
protocol (this was expressly removed from GPL, if it could ever have
belonged there in the first place, some time ago.)

The results are encouraging, and I am pretty well back to the point I had
reached using the C API, but now without files derived from GPL material,
linking to a library, and mimicry of the C API methods.

In the course of going over the whole thing again, and with a knowledge
now of how the MySQL client/server relationship works, I think I may have
improved the interface, even in its present experimental form.

Steve