Disallow arrays as pointers

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Oct 30 15:10:06 PDT 2011

Jonathan M Davis:

> However, I don't think that you're going to find a general consensus that the
> implicit conversion is bad,

I'll keep count how many are against this idea.

> and changing it now would likely break a lot of code.

How much code is broken by this?
It's bad D code that's easy to fix adding a ".ptr", or using "-d" (deprecated) to compile the code.

 So, while I do think that it would be a good change, I really don't
> think that it's going to happen at this point.

Let's break some code, to avoid even more bugs/breakage later! :-)

(I am asking for some other little breaking changes in Bugzilla. This is not the only one.)

Bye,
bearophile