core.cpuid

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:34:55 PDT 2011

in std? what's the story with core? is it being deprecated?
I would think that cpuid should be a subset of a generalised sysinfo (or
processorinfo perhaps)... something you can optionally obtain if you first
identify that you're on an x86.

Why would there be a 'higher level' module? I'd like a low level query like
that for all processors. It just seems weird having an x86-only feature
exposed directly in core.