phobos alt.

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Mon Oct 31 15:47:25 PDT 2011

> I encourage anyone to port any portion of dcollections to
> std.container.  If nothing else it will help flesh out the design of
> std.container

Ahem.. No offense, or wth

Maybe I miss the point but I guess you will agree with me that Phobos,
in order to become a serious library, requires at least! a container
library. (guess that's why you've created dcollections:) )

Remarkable enough that a really young language (compared to D) more
exact Scala has to offer so MUCH more.

Now again ...what _Was_ the point ? Allocation ? Let me quote yourself
from dsource ...

Features .. Custom allocators.

Further.. Could not find it .. But something similar to .. Possibility
to exchange the underlaying algorithm.. (Say RBTree, AVL,Skiplist) to
implement for instance map!()

Sure, I am not using D for bread and butter but would like to,,,.
Nevertheless be assured that I will not even touch D. for small
commercial projects, until at least xml, (rest/wsdl) and necessarily the
collection stuff is available.

Again,, no offense,no bashing or whatever,  just an opinion.
Bjoern