phobos alt.

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Mon Oct 31 16:48:21 PDT 2011

> That's perfectly reasonable. The fact that std.container is so incomplete is a
> _huge_  problem for Phobos. It needs to be filled out and its API fully ironed
> out. Overall, it looks solid, but it just doesn't have enough actual usage at
> this point to really verify that because of the lack of containers.
> std.container_will_  be completed, so this really shouldn't be a long term
> concern, but in the short term, I agree that it's a definite problem.

Thanks.
I've tried to contact Steven via email in order to stress-test my
skiplist implementation in dcollections.

(I am not obsessed regarding skiplists, but all measurements I have seen
so far are showing that in case of massive appending the skiplist
algorithm  wins).. makes sense for std.database (orm/unitofwork)

Nevertheless, what I don't understand is : What has to be ironed out
before giving std.collections a go ?, What's the show-stopper? The only
thing I can vaguely imagine is streaming .. but dunno.