phobos alt.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Oct 31 20:17:21 PDT 2011

On Monday, October 31, 2011 20:08:52 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, October 31, 2011 20:57:04 Caligo wrote:
> > How long before custom allocator stuff is complete?  6 months? a year?
>
> I don't know. I'd expect it to be within the next few months, but there's no
> way to know when. I could be sooner; it could be later.

One round of review for them was done in this newsgroup already not very long
ago, but they didn't pass the review, because they weren't mature enough yet.
Andrei and dsimcha need to do more to sort them out still, and I think that
the ball is primarily in Andrei's court at this point, because he intends to
mess around with them with std.container to see how well dsimcha's current
design works. Once all that has been better sorted out, it'll be up for review
again, and once it's passed that, it'll be in. But exactly how long that'll be
is unknown at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis