Is there a CPAN, CheeseShop, Hackage or NPM for D?

Chris Dew cmsdew at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 04:16:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

Apologies if this post appears twice - it hadn't appeared on the
website after 2 hours had passed, so I'm reposting it directly on
the website, rather than via email.

I've just successfully used D for tiny commercial project, and I've
really enjoyed it (I normally use Python, Java or NodeJS, but I
needed
a native executable for this project).  (I have previous experience
of
C and have dabbled in C++, Haskell and Racket.)

I switched to D after an hour because I was not enjoying using C/APR
after having used scripting languages for the last couple of years.

I've been an early adopter of NodeJS and have noted how critical NPM
was for the success of the platform.  (It handles module version
dependencies better than any other system I've seen - two required
modules of a project can depend on *different* versions of a third
library and it all just works.)

Is there a similar repository or list of recommended opensource
(non-GPL or LGPL) D libraries?

All the best,

Chris.

https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/modules lists popular NodeJS
modules, all developed in the last year and a half.