Why did D leave the programming language shootout and will it return?

Chris Dew cmsdew at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:44:33 PDT 2011

I've found some links which show that D used to be in the
programming language shootout http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

Why did it disappear from there and can we put it back?

It is a great sanity check for a new user to be able to see that a
language and its implementation aren't a dog.

I *expect* that D's performance is similar to C/C++ when used in the
same fashion (i.e. functions and structs, rather than classes and
delegates).  I would like to be able to confirm this.

Thanks,

Chris.