Paradox about D's popularity.

Gor F. Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:19:25 PDT 2011

I'll look up any kind of programming language related sites and try to put D put
there.

Another big downside, that i noticed in development of D and DMD is
unpredictability. I think we should make schedules for regular releases of batches
of bug-fixes and feature enhancements of DMD, so that people will be able to use
yet-unimplemented features of they're certainly going to be implemented in the
next release.

Also in the light of recent investigation, i think it would be very wise to turn
our attention to enhance D's compatibility with C++, since this is one of the
biggest problems, that companies will face if they decide to switch to D. If D
gains a good enough compatibility with C++ (i know, it's a really difficult job),
then the cost of switching to D will dramatically decrease, because less and less
C++ code will need to be rewritten. For those cases when direct access to C++ is
impossible (probably, with multiple inheritance involved), we could make D
libraries, that would interpret C++ headers at compile time and generate wrappers
around it (and such).
It'll take a lot of effort, but it's possible and given the current situation of
commercial non-usability of D it would be a good idea.