Paradox about D's popularity.

Gor F. Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:23:32 PDT 2011

As much as I'd like D to develop sweet language features like named function
parameters, directing effort to increase compatibility of D with other languages
(most notably, C++) would be a better idea, because if D gets cheaper and cheaper
to use with existing code base, more and more people will start caring about D and
the aforementioned sweet language features will get implemented more rapidly.

If Walter, Andrei and others agree with my proposal, i suggest to postpone all
enhancement requests for D, except compatibility-related ones and direct all our
attention to it. As well as direct more attention towards fixing DMD bugs, rather
then developing phobos libraries, because as much as developing phobos is
important, having a stable compiler is much more important.