Paradox about D's popularity.

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:33:06 PDT 2011

On 22.09.2011 1:14, Gor F. Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I had an idea of a D library for including C headers for a while now.
> All i need is to make a compile-time C parser for that. This thing would literally
> remove any need for binding.

Translating header file is a one-time job, as in
sh-$: translate fancy.h fancy.di

Why would you need to do it at compile time, except because it's fancy
:), I don't quite get.

And, as much as I'm sorry to bring bad news, you'd have to make a C
preprocessor as well (or even in the first place). Then you'd have to
struggle through vendor extensions but that's doable.

--
Dmitry Olshansky