Paradox about D's popularity.

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Thu Sep 22 03:15:23 PDT 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:01:04 +0100, Gor F. Gyolchanyan
<gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're right. I gotta apologize for my over-reaction to D's problems.
> It's just,
> that i want it to thrive. Maybe i care too much and i make too bit a
> deal out of
> this. :-)

Never appologise for enthusiasm! :)  I had the same enthusiasm when I
first discovered D and I only wish I had more spare time to devote to it
.. I have too many hobbies :p

Bear in mind however, that 'we' (I am using 'we' despite only being a
part-time participant of this group, and not one who has actually done a
lot for D, so hopefully the core guys don't mind me including myself in
the 'we') get a lot of people with ideas here, but those ideas don't
always become concrete results.  The reasons are varied, but usually boil
down to time/enthusiasm.  So if you get a mixed response to your ideas,
it's only because some of them have come up before, and gone nowhere.
That's not said to discourage you, just to let you know that some people
here may appear a little 'jaded'.  But!  We all want the same things and
we do have a small but very dedicated team of people achieving them, and
of late with more momentum than ever before.  If you have the time and
energy to contribute you'll find your contributions well received,
provided they gel with the overall scheme/plan Walter and Co have for D..
meaning that it's important to double-check and air your ideas here before
spending too long on something, but don't let a few discouraging comments
discourage you from your ideas, as results speak louder than proposals I
have found.

Best of luck!