Formal Review of region allocator begins

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Sep 22 21:06:31 PDT 2011

Okay. The review period for the region allocator is over (actually, it was
over about 2 days ago, but I've been busy and forgot to post about it). So,
the question is: Is it ready for a vote, or does it need further revision and
review?

Looking over the thread, it's not at all clear to me that we're ready for a
vote - particularly since the most recent update was fairly recent and almost
no one has commented on the changes. Also, I believe that the most recent
revision is the first to include std.allocators.allocator, and it's
particularly critical that that be solid before moving forward with custom
allocators. So, I'm not at all convinced that this is ready for a vote, but I
don't know.

David, would you consider it to be ready for a vote?

- Jonathan M Davis