Formal Review of region allocator begins

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 05:22:05 PDT 2011

> Okay. The review period for the region allocator is over (actually, it was
> over about 2 days ago, but I've been busy and forgot to post about it). So,
> the question is: Is it ready for a vote, or does it need further revision and
> review?
>
> Looking over the thread, it's not at all clear to me that we're ready for a
> vote - particularly since the most recent update was fairly recent and almost
> no one has commented on the changes. Also, I believe that the most recent
> revision is the first to include std.allocators.allocator, and it's
> particularly critical that that be solid before moving forward with custom
> allocators. So, I'm not at all convinced that this is ready for a vote, but I
> don't know.
>
> David, would you consider it to be ready for a vote?
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Hmm, I had noticed that the deadline had passed but didn't want to say
anything because I was hoping to get a few more reviews.  Uhh, I guess
we should vote on it.  Also note that I forgot to comment on this before
but resize() will be changed to:

size_t resize(void* ptr, size_t minBytes, size_t nBytes);

where minBytes is the minimum amount to declare success and nBytes is
the desired amount.